5 benefits of exercise for healthy skin
- It promotes circulation and the increased blood flow carries oxygen and nutrients to skin cells, therefore keeping your skin healthy and vibrant
- It flushes cellular debris like free radicals out of the body
- It reduces stress which can improve skin conditions exacerbated by stress including acne and eczema
- Strenuous exercise makes you sweat, which purges toxins that can clog pores and lead to pimples and acne. (It's important to cleanse your face after exercise to remove the toxins)
- It's anti-aging – our skin loses its plumping, youthful layer of fat as we age. If you build up the lean muscle mass that's just below the surface of the skin, it creates younger, taut looking skin.